Pages

Thursday 13 March 2014

Choose your culture treat it four ways

We are learning to about the elements and techniques of painting. We are able to share our culture identities through the arts

1  I choose the American culture as the subject of my painting I researched the icons of America and what people eat. 

2 I then learnt about pop art style by Andy Warhol 

3 I then learnt about the colour wheel and the different  colours on it.
Primary colours- red,yellow,blue.
Secondary colours- made by mixing the primary colours together. 
Complementary colours- colour that are opposite each other on the colour wheel.
Analagous colours-3 colours that are side by side on the colour wheel.
Monochrome shades of one colour.

4 we drew a bold design of our icon using drawing pencil.then turned it over and traced it into cartridge paper four times. once in each quadrant . we were going to paint our icon in

5 i chose complementary- red,green
Analagous- purple,pink,red
black,white
monochrome shades of pink to finish off i wil add black

i think my american hotdog is good because i used good colours in my art work.

by grace



No comments:

Post a Comment